1. 4K (8MP) IP cameras are required to take advantage of 4K recording.
2. Recording time may vary based on recording resolution and quality, lighting conditions and movement in the scene.
3. Fusion™ capabilities are limited to 2 wireless devices per system. Wireless devices require an available channel on the NVR as well as a sufficient signal strength between the device(s) and your Wi-Fi router for video streaming. For full details on Wi-Fi cameras compatibility and instructions, visit www.lorex.com/pages/fusion.
4. Controlling certain features in your security system requires a compatible smart device. Availability and performance of certain features and services are smart device dependent and may not be available in all areas or networks. For compatibility, features, and instructions visit www.lorex.com/smarthome
5. Accuracy of Smart Motion Detection will be influenced by multiple factors, such as the object's distance from the camera, the size of the object, and the height and angle of the camera. Night vision will also impact the accuracy of detection. Compatible with certain Lorex IP cameras only.
6. Compatible with certain Lorex IP and select wireless cameras only. For a list of compatible cameras please visit www.lorex.com/compatibility
7. Accessing your security system remotely requires a high-speed Internet connection. Ensure your NVR has a wired connection to a router (not included). A minimum upload speed of 5Mbps is recommended for reasonable video performance. Up to 3 devices may connect to the system at the same time. For the latest list of supported apps and devices, please visit www.lorex.com/compatibility
8. HDMI output supports 4K HD for high definition multi-channel live or recorded video viewing. Image quality and resolution is dependent on the type of camera connected to the NVR, as well as TV/monitor resolution.
Lorex 4K 8-Channel Network Video Recorder with Smart Motion Detection, Voice Control and Fusion Capabilities
Experience 4K security video and the latest in smart innovations with the N842 Series Network Video Record (NVR). As part of the Fusion Collection, it can be paired with a wide range of Wi-Fi devices. This NVR also features Smart Motion Detection, easy smart home compatibility, and a large security grade hard drive to store your footage on so there's no monthly fees to use your security system. With all this, along with easy remote connectivity to our Lorex Home App, this NVR will provide you with the highest quality video and the most reliable security features to protect your home.
HD NVR supports up to 8 cameras
Ultra high definition resolution
Expandable up to 6TB
Lorex Home™ APP
Wired / Wireless Fusion™
As part of the Lorex Fusion™ collection, you can pair this NVR with additional Lorex Wi-Fi products such as, Wi-Fi cameras, doorbells, and floodlights. For more information, please visit our Fusion Collection Guide and Fusion Support Page.
lorex home remote viewing
Remote viewing from your mobile with Lorex Home™
This feature-rich system is designed for use with our innovative, hassle-free Lorex Home™ app. Using Lorex Home, you can quickly and easily view your security system remotely from your smartphone or tablet and control active deterrence features. You can also program the app to send you motion-activated push notifications straight to your phone to keep you connected to your property at all times.
works with Apple iPhone
works with Apple iPad
works with Android phones
works with android tablets
works with AppleTV
Lorex Sensor Kit and Lorex Home App
Add A Sensor Kit!
The Lorex Sensor Hub also uses the Lorex Home App, allowing you to seamlessly integrate Add-On Sensors into your home security.
Real-time sensor alerts
link sensors with wifi cameras
*Link individual sensors to another Wi-Fi camera connected to the Lorex Home App. N842, N843, N844, N862, N863, D861, D862, D871 Series recorders also support sensor linking to a wired camera through the Lorex Home App. Lorex Sensor Hub Compatibility
smart home security camera system google home
Smart home compatibility
Get faster access to you security system with hands-free voice control. Use simple voice commands to activate camera features with Amazon Alexa™ and Google Assistant™. Use it with Chromecast or Firestick to monitor your security camera footage on a larger screen. For more information about current smart home integrations, visit our Smart Home Guide.
apple TV lorex
View your system through Apple TV
Watch your Lorex system in new ways. Don't have an option of hooking up your Lorex recorder directly to your TV? No problem. Simply make sure your Lorex recorder is on the same network as your Apple TV* (Gen 4 or newer) and watch your Lorex recorder on your TV through the Lorex Home Apple TV App.
*Apple, the Apple logo and Apple TV are trademarks of Apple Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries. App Store is a service mark of Apple Inc.
4K Network Video Recorder
Experience the 4K difference
With 4K resolution, nothing is left to the imagination. The higher number of pixels (3840 × 2160 as opposed to 1920 × 1080) gives your video footage superior detail and definition, and clearly outlines the distinct features of objects that appear on camera while maintaining realistic color representation. Having more than 8 million pixels also prevents the distortion or blurring of the image when using the digital zoom.
Person Vehicle Artifical Intelligence AI detection security camera
Person and vehicle smart motion detection
This NVR supports cameras that feature smart person and vehicle detection which helps identify more important objects that enter the camera's field of view*. Thanks to this innovative feature, you will only get a push notification to your Lorex Home app whenever a person or vehicle is detected on your property. This effectively reduces the number of unwanted false alerts caused by moving branches or animals. All recorded motion alerts can easily be reviewed by using the Smart Search function in the Lorex Home mobile app.
*Camera models that include Smart Person and Vehicle Detection are required to utilize this feature.
4K vs 1080p pixels
Find what you are looking for quickly with Lorex's Area Search. Select an area of interest and automatically playback any video footage showing scene changes in that area. Ideal for doorways, drive ways, etc.
Security camera system panic button
This NVR brings your security camera system to the next level with an easy-to-use panic button located on the front of the recorder. By pressing and holding this button you can activate all lights and sirens on your compatible Active Deterrence cameras at one time to deter potential intruders.
HEVC logo icon
HEVC / H.265 video compression
This NVR is able to receive HEVC (High Efficiency Video Encoding) or H.265 video compression files. This type of encoding can save up to 40% more space when compared to H.264 Advanced Video Coding. Please note that IP security cameras with HEVC video compression are required to take advantage of this feature.
security certified NVR hard drive
Reliable security grade hard drive with no hidden storage fees
Included in the NVR is a built-in, security-grade hard drive that has been designed to meet the demands of 24/7 surveillance, while also providing ample storage space for all recorded video footage. With the possibility of increasing storage space up to 6TB, there is more than enough room to safely store all motion events that only you can access.
security NVR no internet required
With or without the internet
This NVR can be used without being connected to the internet. This means that your data can only be accessed directly from your NVR. However, an internet connection is required to enable remote viewing, motion push notifications, and to download the latest firmware updates.
- Record and view video in up to 4K (8MP) Ultra HD Resolution on all channels1
- Digitally zoom in on distant objects for better clarity2
- View synchronized playback of up to 4 cameras at the same time
- Expand your security system with up to 8 IP cameras with built-in PoE ports
- Pair your system with up to two Lorex Fusion™ compatible Wi-Fi products such as Wi-Fi cameras, Doorbells, Floodlights, and more3
- Stream and record continuous video from your Wi-Fi cameras on your recorder
- Increase your limited Wi-Fi SD-Card storage capability by taking advantage of recording directly to the NVRs built-in HDD
- Quickly access your live footage with simple voice commands, compatible with Amazon and Google4
- Control your Deterrence cameras features with your voice (compatible with Google Assistant only)4
- Use Smart Search to Search through recorded footage and filter events for motion detected by person or vehicle and for face detection events6
- Max 6TB storage space with no hidden monthly cloud fees
- Security Grade hard drive designed for advanced processing and the workload of 24/7 monitoring
Each N842A83 Includes:
1. 4K (8MP) IP cameras are required to take advantage of 4K recording.